Links

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Welcome to Nourishing Herbs Blog

I would like to thank you for showing interest in my blog and take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Candice and I am an herbalist in Northern California. I have studied with many herbalists but my main teachers/mentors are Christa Sinadinos through the Northwest School of Botanical Studies and Jane Bothwell, through the Dandelion Herbal Center. I have also had amazing opportunities to go many herbal symposiums, conferences and gatherings to take small workshops and intensive classes with dozens of other well reputable herbalists. I have been studying herbal healing for over 10 years and am truly inspired and amazed about the vast healing plants provide.

I work at a small retail herbal shop called Humboldt Herbals where I have been able to learn more practical applications and uses about herbal healing while helping those in my community benefit from and learn more about herbs. I have a small practice working one on one with clients to help them with their individual healing using herbs, diet and lifestyle.

I have been teaching herbal classes and workshops since 2009 one of which is the Beginning with Herbs class series at Humboldt State University. I own a herbal remedy line called Herbal Infusions where I make various extracts, syrups, oils, scrubs, tea and culinary blends, etc. I love to play with plants, cook, garden, read, write, hike, be in nature, practice Tai Chi/Qi Gong and play with my son.

This blog will be a place I post articles I write for Humboldt Herbals newsletter as well as recipes and fun information about herbal healing. I hope you enjoy and embrace the amazing world of healing with plants!!

Herbal Blessings!
next to the California Poppies at Pacific Botanical Farm in Oregon, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment